August 15, 2012

Stats, Winners and More


Hi everyone!

Hope you’re having a great day! Sorry that this post is two weeks late...I don’ t know what I was thinking...yeah, my meds are giving me more than a headache and I sleep lots. It’s all part of the healing process but this month has kicked my butt. LOL!

The winner of July’s gift certificate is...drumroll please...Shawna! Her comment was left on the Hellbound log line July 12. Please email me as soon as possible to claim your prize. You have one week from the time of this email.

Last month’s stats were fantastic...but they could be even better...so don’t forget to tweet, Facebook or anything else to get people to come in and see our fabulous Log Line Blog. We had over 2900 hits and 172 comments. We also have a few new followers going from somewhere in the 80s to over 100. Yes, this is slow growth BUT it does prove we are growing. This is FANTASTIC and we have all of you, readers and authors alike, to thank for this.

The last Wednesday of the month will bring a very special guest – Gini Koch – of the Alien series from DAW fame. Gini and I met at the Desert Dreams a few years ago when a manuscript of mine won a published writers contest we’d both entered. She came in second...LOL! That is still a shock to this day. Gini sold the first book in her series based solely on her log line. See how important these log lines are? So mark your calendars for this very, very special day!

Hope to see more of you all this week and I’ll bring you even more news next Wednesday!

Lynn

The Log Line Blog

4 comments:

  1. Big congrats, Shawna--and I'm studying these log lines--I need a great one for my mystery Starke Naked Dead for when I'm at Bouchercon and people ask, "What's it about?" Since it's published, I've long since forgotten my "conference" logline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I think I've finally tracked Shawna down...LOL!

    Hope you all have a great weekend and come see The Log Line Blog again!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete